Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Vibrating display running at any resolution in X (Newbie).

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Vibrating display running at any resolution in X (Newbie).

    I've recently been using knoppix on my P3 450 with a Voodoo 3 2000, and it works perfectly EXCEPT for the following problem:

    The display appears constantly to be vibrating at any resolution. It's subtle and workable, but annoying.

    Thanks for any help.
    -- Will.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Vibrating display running at any resolution in X (Newbie

    --Greetings, SmallFlyingHippo. That's got to be one of the best nicks I've ever seen

    --Have you tried the cheat code (F2 at boot prompt) that sets the refresh rate? (I think: ' knoppix xvrefresh=60 ' should work, altho some have had to go down to 50.) What monitor are you using?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFlyingHippo
    I've recently been using knoppix on my P3 450 with a Voodoo 3 2000, and it works perfectly EXCEPT for the following problem:

    The display appears constantly to be vibrating at any resolution. It's subtle and workable, but annoying.

    Thanks for any help.
    -- Will.

  3. #3

    Thanks.

    I've tried the cheatcode with the refresh rate 60, but to no avail. I'm using a Gateway VX900 monitor.

    I'll try it with 50. Any other ideas?

  4. #4

    !

    Alright, I've tried both.

    Thanks. Any other ideas?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Check out this web page

    http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITOR...z0083303.shtml

    it has the supported modes for your monitor, I would try:
    knoppix xrefresh=75

    HTH

    rock

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    86
    hmmm, it reminds me that one time a network user was complaining about a vibrating screen... I went over and turned off their desk fan and the vibration stopped

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.4 and Dual Display (running two monitors)
    By nicorelli in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
  2. Linux Newbie Looking for Info On Setting Up Dual Display
    By lionSOB in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:52 PM
  3. Complete and utter newbie q. Display settings
    By 5thelephant in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM
  4. Console display resolution too high - fixed?
    By xbob in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2003, 05:16 PM
  5. Vibrating display running at any resolution in X (Newbie).
    By SmallFlyingHippo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 05:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.77