-
cd size for knoppix bootable
I have a downloaded iso image of 733Mo.
I use easy cd creator (ROXIO) to burn the cd.
I have cds of 700Mo size.
I succeed in burning a cd from the image but it is is not bootable.
If I introduce the parameters to obtain a bootable cd, Easy CD creator dont accept the cd (too small).
what could I do?
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
One Mb is (1024*1024) bytes, so 733000000/1024/1024 is under 700...
You should always check the MD5 checksum after downloading anyway (k3b does it by default). You don't have to start a new CD layout / project / whatever your burning SW calls it, but simply burn the downloaded cd ISO image as is (menu File/Burn Image with Nero). Once your cd boots you can also start "knoppix testcd" to have some self-test run.
Similar Threads
-
By GerryA in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 05:11 PM
-
By woodrow in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By blahman420 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-28-2003, 06:42 PM
-
By hnt in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 09:36 AM
-
By yohanman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$39.99

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99

IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A
$70.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49

NEW IBM Lenovo T61 14in 4;3 NOT WIDE motherboard T601F FRANKENPAD 44C3924 OEM
$299.95

Lot of 12 Genuine IBM 1299790 Quietwriter Non-Correcting Ribbons Indelible NOS
$129.99