-
Can't get SB Live Value soundcard to work
Let me preface this by saying that I am a total newbie to Linux, so it won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to hold my hand through this!!
I just booted into Knoppix 3.6 on my second computer, and it appears to be working fine. There are 2 problems (I will only try tackling one here.) I can't seem to get the soundcard to work. I have run through the soundcard configuration in the Knoppix menu, and it gives me the following:
A PCI Sound card was found in your system. The details are:
Creative Labs [Soundblaster Live!] EMU10K1X
I click OK, then it gives me the following error:
---No Driver Available ------
The module used for your card emu10k1.o is not currently in your module search path. Please verify that your kernel modules are correctly installed.
I click OK and then that's it.
Can someone point me in the right direction? It looks like Knoppix is recognizing the soundcard, but doesn't have the driver installed? If so, where can I get the driver and how do I install it.
Thanks in advance for all help.
Similar Threads
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 06:09 AM
-
By pauly999 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 02:22 AM
-
By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
-
By hicks in forum Networking
Replies: 14
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 02:36 AM
-
By ROBiNBOS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB
$24.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe m.2 SSD Solid State Drive MZVLW512HMJP-000L7 MZ-VLB5120
$51.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00