Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't get SB Live Value soundcard to work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2

    Can't get SB Live Value soundcard to work

    Let me preface this by saying that I am a total newbie to Linux, so it won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to hold my hand through this!!

    I just booted into Knoppix 3.6 on my second computer, and it appears to be working fine. There are 2 problems (I will only try tackling one here.) I can't seem to get the soundcard to work. I have run through the soundcard configuration in the Knoppix menu, and it gives me the following:

    A PCI Sound card was found in your system. The details are:
    Creative Labs [Soundblaster Live!] EMU10K1X

    I click OK, then it gives me the following error:

    ---No Driver Available ------
    The module used for your card emu10k1.o is not currently in your module search path. Please verify that your kernel modules are correctly installed.

    I click OK and then that's it.

    Can someone point me in the right direction? It looks like Knoppix is recognizing the soundcard, but doesn't have the driver installed? If so, where can I get the driver and how do I install it.

    Thanks in advance for all help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1

    Sound Blaster live... solution, I hope.

    I had the exact same problem...

    Reading in this forum I founded the solution for me , and I have registered only for reply your message.

    do this:

    run "/etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig" as root.

    This load your sound modules into the system.

    Run Kmix an unset the mute volume for all inputs/outputs.
    Try to run Xmms for example, and load a file ... play ... ooooooh! Wanderful!

    That's all.. and sorry for my bad english.
    Bye from Spain

Similar Threads

  1. how to get soundcard to work
    By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 06:09 AM
  2. soundcard - Creative Live 5.1 no sound
    By pauly999 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 02:22 AM
  3. Soundcard Yamaha don't work under K3.3, work under K3.2
    By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
  4. live-cd can't get network to work
    By hicks in forum Networking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 02:36 AM
  5. C-Media 8738 soundcard doesnt work
    By ROBiNBOS in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$295.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600 picture

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600

$65.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00