Most likely a bad cd.
Try this cheatcode at the bootprompt:
Code:knoppix testcd
I have somewhat 4 pcs, 2 in good order and 2 which may have problems but I think only hd issues(dead that is), however I can't get knoppix to boot on any of these machines, it goes thru all config then either the screen blacks out and monitor acts like the pc is shut off when it isnt, or the config doesnt finish and the screen just blacks out, the issue on one machine is it is a laptop and has a strange video card which prob isnt supported, but I figured I could at least get one of them to run, the laptop is a toshiba satelite 1805-S207, another one is a p3 733 with a geforce 2 vid card and that machine is in good order, the other 2 are amd 333/500 with only god know what vid card
any suggestions?
Most likely a bad cd.
Try this cheatcode at the bootprompt:
Code:knoppix testcd
it's hanging at "Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab..."
diskcheck seemed ok though

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25
IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B 2U Rack Server POWER7 3.0GHz 32GB DDR3 No HDD
$429.99
IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$399.99
IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99