-
Junior Member
registered user
USB Stick
That is funny. For in my case it is exactly the reverse. I can mount my USB Stick in 2.6 but not in 2.4 ! And it doesn't automount.
I have to make a dir
# mkdir /mnt/usb
#mount /dev/sda /mnt/usb
And even after this I have to open the USB hard disk as a root. But I am living with this as my Toshiba Sattelite HD controller has crashed and I jave no choice but to use Knoppix. The motherboard of Toshiba is not available where I live. i.e. Pune, India
By the way if you see the source code for these USB Hubs and drivers, you may realise the complexity and as the whole effort is by volunteers, they may not have sufficient testing facilities to test all releases for all types of hardware.
I guess that is why this forum comes in handy.
Similar Threads
-
By graham_k in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-20-2005, 07:45 AM
-
By MoonLite in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 09:50 AM
-
By Dark_Wolf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By pro-logic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2003, 07:59 PM
-
By ray2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 06:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Metro DataVac PRO MDV-1 Computer Cleaning System Blower/Vacuum Complete w/ Bags
$129.99

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98