-
usb stick in both kernel's
When I run Knoppix live CD, and put the USB memory stick in than:
Kernel 2.4.27 recognize it and
Kernel 2.6.7 recognize the USB stick not.
How is this possible, I thought the newer the Kernel, the better.
greetings
Vincent
-
Junior Member
registered user
USB Stick
That is funny. For in my case it is exactly the reverse. I can mount my USB Stick in 2.6 but not in 2.4 ! And it doesn't automount.
I have to make a dir
# mkdir /mnt/usb
#mount /dev/sda /mnt/usb
And even after this I have to open the USB hard disk as a root. But I am living with this as my Toshiba Sattelite HD controller has crashed and I jave no choice but to use Knoppix. The motherboard of Toshiba is not available where I live. i.e. Pune, India
By the way if you see the source code for these USB Hubs and drivers, you may realise the complexity and as the whole effort is by volunteers, they may not have sufficient testing facilities to test all releases for all types of hardware.
I guess that is why this forum comes in handy.
Similar Threads
-
By graham_k in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-20-2005, 07:45 AM
-
By MoonLite in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 09:50 AM
-
By Dark_Wolf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By pro-logic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2003, 07:59 PM
-
By ray2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 06:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V LD2 DDR4 ECC Server RAM Memory M386A8K40BM2-CTD7Y
$299.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Hynix HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN 32Gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx8 Server DDR4 RAM
$375.00

Lot of 12 Samsung 32 GB PC4 2933Y M393A4K40CB2-CVFBY Server Memory
$2799.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Samsung 16GB DDR4 2400MHz PC4-2400T 19200 ECC Server Memory RAM M393A2G40EB1
$78.00