Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: usb stick in both kernel's

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    10

    usb stick in both kernel's

    When I run Knoppix live CD, and put the USB memory stick in than:
    Kernel 2.4.27 recognize it and
    Kernel 2.6.7 recognize the USB stick not.

    How is this possible, I thought the newer the Kernel, the better.

    greetings

    Vincent

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    13

    USB Stick

    That is funny. For in my case it is exactly the reverse. I can mount my USB Stick in 2.6 but not in 2.4 ! And it doesn't automount.

    I have to make a dir
    # mkdir /mnt/usb
    #mount /dev/sda /mnt/usb

    And even after this I have to open the USB hard disk as a root. But I am living with this as my Toshiba Sattelite HD controller has crashed and I jave no choice but to use Knoppix. The motherboard of Toshiba is not available where I live. i.e. Pune, India

    By the way if you see the source code for these USB Hubs and drivers, you may realise the complexity and as the whole effort is by volunteers, they may not have sufficient testing facilities to test all releases for all types of hardware.
    I guess that is why this forum comes in handy.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix on a USB Stick
    By graham_k in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 07:45 AM
  2. fits a usb-stick?
    By MoonLite in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 09:50 AM
  3. Mp3 usb stick and formatting
    By Dark_Wolf in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 04:14 PM
  4. usb stick
    By pro-logic in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 07:59 PM
  5. How i can install it on USB stick ?
    By ray2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 06:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$14.86



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99