Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: knoppix with GmailFS

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1

    knoppix with GmailFS

    anyone working on or thought of using GmailFS with knoppix to hold settings, files, etc... ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    W Canada
    Posts
    2
    Yes, I sure have.

    I am not certain how long this will last, but I haven't read GMail's EULA either.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    I have GmailFS running with Knoppix (running from CD without remastering), but it is slowww... I'll continue testing though.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by probono
    I have GmailFS running with Knoppix (running from CD without remastering), but it is slowww... I'll continue testing though.
    ProBono, will there be a klik package in the near future?

    Thanks,

    ~pau1

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by pau1knopp
    ProBono, will there be a klik package in the near future?
    Well, I have to test it better first. Also it requires compiling stuff... something klik normally does not do. But we'll see.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by probono
    I have GmailFS running with Knoppix (running from CD without remastering), but it is slowww... I'll continue testing though.
    Do you have notes on how you did this? Did you do an "apt-get install gmailfs", follow Richard's instructions, or something else?

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$34.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520 picture

Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520

$29.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU

$50.00



PNY CS900 2TB Sata Solid State Drive (SSD) picture

PNY CS900 2TB Sata Solid State Drive (SSD)

$150.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD  picture

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD

$13.00



Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp

$32.99