Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: knoppix with GmailFS

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1

    knoppix with GmailFS

    anyone working on or thought of using GmailFS with knoppix to hold settings, files, etc... ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    W Canada
    Posts
    2
    Yes, I sure have.

    I am not certain how long this will last, but I haven't read GMail's EULA either.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    I have GmailFS running with Knoppix (running from CD without remastering), but it is slowww... I'll continue testing though.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by probono
    I have GmailFS running with Knoppix (running from CD without remastering), but it is slowww... I'll continue testing though.
    ProBono, will there be a klik package in the near future?

    Thanks,

    ~pau1

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by pau1knopp
    ProBono, will there be a klik package in the near future?
    Well, I have to test it better first. Also it requires compiling stuff... something klik normally does not do. But we'll see.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by probono
    I have GmailFS running with Knoppix (running from CD without remastering), but it is slowww... I'll continue testing though.
    Do you have notes on how you did this? Did you do an "apt-get install gmailfs", follow Richard's instructions, or something else?

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$37.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



USB 2.0/3.0 Flash Drive Pendrive Memory Stick 2GB,4GB,8GB,32GB,64GB,128GB Lot picture

USB 2.0/3.0 Flash Drive Pendrive Memory Stick 2GB,4GB,8GB,32GB,64GB,128GB Lot

$645.99



New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM picture

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM

$19.95



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99