Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What kind of file system chould I use?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24

    What kind of file system chould I use?

    I am going to use knoppix for browsing the internet, writing documents, and other office type things and also for playing music and viewing pictures. I'm also going to play Solitare etc (that come withs KDE).

    I am not going to use this for developing software and using Konsole or any root type stuff.

    What kind of file system should I use? ext1? ext2? ext3? etc.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    I would choose ext3 as it's journalizing and doesn't lose data at powerloss. Well, at least it's not supposed to. Reiserfs is another good choise. Between reiserfs and ext3 I think it's a matter of taste as they both seem to work fine.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    Thanks!!

Similar Threads

  1. 4.0 file system
    By Woody Ochs in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 01:49 AM
  2. What File System should I use ???
    By b0b-0001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 05:56 AM
  3. What file system?
    By Drewby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:54 PM
  4. File System
    By WANDr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 01:51 AM
  5. No root file system (but system works)
    By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX picture

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX

$14.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99