I would choose ext3 as it's journalizing and doesn't lose data at powerloss. Well, at least it's not supposed to. Reiserfs is another good choise. Between reiserfs and ext3 I think it's a matter of taste as they both seem to work fine.
I am going to use knoppix for browsing the internet, writing documents, and other office type things and also for playing music and viewing pictures. I'm also going to play Solitare etc (that come withs KDE).
I am not going to use this for developing software and using Konsole or any root type stuff.
What kind of file system should I use? ext1? ext2? ext3? etc.
I would choose ext3 as it's journalizing and doesn't lose data at powerloss. Well, at least it's not supposed to. Reiserfs is another good choise. Between reiserfs and ext3 I think it's a matter of taste as they both seem to work fine.
Thanks!!![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99