Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What kind of file system chould I use?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24

    What kind of file system chould I use?

    I am going to use knoppix for browsing the internet, writing documents, and other office type things and also for playing music and viewing pictures. I'm also going to play Solitare etc (that come withs KDE).

    I am not going to use this for developing software and using Konsole or any root type stuff.

    What kind of file system should I use? ext1? ext2? ext3? etc.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    I would choose ext3 as it's journalizing and doesn't lose data at powerloss. Well, at least it's not supposed to. Reiserfs is another good choise. Between reiserfs and ext3 I think it's a matter of taste as they both seem to work fine.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    Thanks!!

Similar Threads

  1. 4.0 file system
    By Woody Ochs in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 01:49 AM
  2. What File System should I use ???
    By b0b-0001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 05:56 AM
  3. What file system?
    By Drewby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:54 PM
  4. File System
    By WANDr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 01:51 AM
  5. No root file system (but system works)
    By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC picture

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC

$73.00