Then simply install to your hard drive like any other os. At the top of the page is a tab called Docs, go there and find the section on hd installs. Follow the directeions and viola, no more boot disks needed.
Okay, installed Knoppix on a hard drive. It was working fine and would boot as long as I had my boot disk. Something happened to my boot disk and I was unable to startup off the hard drive. I then searched around and found instructions on how to create a new boot disk from the cd. I did so and when I went to start up it said it was unable to find the knoppix installation. I also noticed at the very top it said "Welcome to the Knoppix live-evaluation cd". I have searched and searched, and am unable to find an appropriate answer. Could someone help me? I would like to get knoppix running without the need for a diskette or cd.
@jÜŃ_Ų®Ńj
Then simply install to your hard drive like any other os. At the top of the page is a tab called Docs, go there and find the section on hd installs. Follow the directeions and viola, no more boot disks needed.
Hi ajunt, I suppose you were booting from a floppy, which got corrupted or something, right? The easiest thing to try might be the GAG boot loader . Once you're able to boot into you knoppix install, I strongly suggest you take the leap and install lilo to dual boot. It works for many of us (millions ;-?) and makes life simpler.

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Two Macintosh Platinum Mouse/Mice - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus M0100 - NEW
$99.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00