-
Black Screen on KDE initialization
So I installed Knoppix 3.4 on my Win2K system, on a seperate hard drive, but I did it at work because I needed to swap out my CDROM for one of theirs so that my computer could read the CD (strange,) I also used their keyboard, mouse, and monitor. So here's the difference-really only their monitor is better than mine because it's newer, but the keyboard and mouse were older, and when I took it home the boot up, when I try to run any of the Linux kernels (2.4 or 2.6) once the KDE tries to load up, all I get is a black screen-it never goes away. So I press CTRL+ALT+F1 to go to text mode and logout, or try to mess around with the config files. Is there any way to fix the display configuration without using the Knoppix Live CD, by editting a conf file somewhere? I would like to at least have the option of using the KDE. Please help
Similar Threads
-
By netfly in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:11 PM
-
By mikeym9477 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:59 AM
-
By mperry2014 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By HouseOfPancakes in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 01:30 AM
-
By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU
$180.20