Sorry, I prested submit to many times. (Darn wirless connection so slow!)
Sorry, I prested submit to many times. (Darn wirless connection so slow!)
Well, it's a strange problem. Might be a hardware problem - maybe there is a new bios for the drive. But here is the last thing I would try. Usually I would do this with a rescue disc. I think these commands are on the knoppix 3.6 live cd. You might have to change the numbers in the second mkpart command to fit your disk geometry.
bash# parted /dev/hda
(parted) rm 1
(parted) mkpart primary linux-swap 0.0 256.0
(parted) mkpart primary ext2 256.0 6800
(parted) print
(parted) quit
bash# mkext2fs -j /dev/hda2
None of them worked.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Well, without any more information regarding error messages or dmesg output or /proc/kmsg, etc, I can't help you.
Is your target computer connected to the internet? One of the nice things about Knoppix is you should be able to boot it and connect to the internet off CD. So you should be able to make all these posts from your target computer. That would be nice, because you could just cut and paste the error messages, /var/log/messages, and so on.
Anyway, sorry it didn't work for you. Maybe next time.
I would suggest you run testdisk first to check your partition. It may wrongly written.
I created a Swap Parition (whith the correct filesystem) Now when I get to the installer their more options when it starts to install it says:
Error: Formatting of failed. Some messages from
mkfs.ext3: Usage: mkfs.ext3 [-c|-t|-l filename] [-b
block-size] [-fragment-size]
[-i bytes-per-inode] [-j] [-J journal-options] [-N
number-of-inodes]
-----------------------------------------------------------45%----
< OK >

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6300CD M3076 Powers On Chimes Untested As Is
$99.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00