-
Junior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
I haven't seen 3.6 yet, and there may now be a menu entry for the installer. But the following surely still works: open a "konsole" (terminal with shell icon on the toolbar), then type "sudo knx2hd". The installer should launch qtparted when you need to define your partitions.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
baldyeti
I haven't seen 3.6 yet, and there may now be a menu entry for the installer. But the following surely still works: open a "konsole" (terminal with shell icon on the toolbar), then type "sudo knx2hd". The installer should launch qtparted when you need to define your partitions.
Just type knoppix-installer
-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok I deleted my windows NTFS junk I made a new partition with ext3 and clicked the save button.. I now opened the root console and typed in "knoppix installer" When I get to the choose my partition I choose my only option "maxtor hard drive" or something like that (my HD is by maxtor) and then it gives me a error at the bottom of the screen. "fatal error something" and then another error "maxtor whatever is read only"
then it just goes to the beguining and lets you do it again or exit (exit it just gets you back to the root console)
-
Junior Member
registered user
Okay I tried it again and this is what it really says.
Opened disk read-only - you have no permission to write
and the next one says.
FATAL ERROR: Cannot read disk drive Press any key to exit cfdisk
Thats it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Use CTRL-ALT-F2 to switch to a superuser console.
Make sure that none of your partitions are mounted (use the df command to see what is mounted) and that your swap space is turned off (swapoff).
Then run the knoppix-installer script.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I will make it bold, normal, bold, normal so you don't get confused.
Okay when I did the DF command it said:
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mouted on
/dev/root 3471 1108 2363 32% /
/dev/hdc 716308 716308 0 100% /cdrom
/dex/cloop 1943588 1943588 0 100% /KNOPPIX
/ramdisk 149992 2012 147980 2% /ramdisk
How do I turn off stuff, Is this okay?
Okay here is what the swapoff command said
usage: swapoff [-hV]
swapoff -a [-v]
swapoff [-v] special ...
Is this okay, what does it mean?
-
Senior Member
registered user
"swapon -s" will list active swapspace(s)
"swapoff -a" will disable all swapspace(s)
You could also boot with the noswap cheatcode.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I can never type any cheatcodes at the boot: thing because I have to write failsafe, otherwise If I don't it will crash while trying to find the cd drive. Is their a way to write 2 cheatcodes?
-
Senior Member
registered user
sure, just like this.
boot: knoppix failsafe nopcmcia noagp
that is just spcae betwen them, some might conflict with eachother but...
Similar Threads
-
By cyberstew in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
-
By javiergp in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
-
By KnopperX in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
-
By knoppixnewb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM
-
By Rython in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+
$174.99