Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: partitions

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Owen Sound, Canada
    Posts
    14
    newknoppixguy:

    Please post your partition table using this command:

    bash# fdisk -l /dev/hda

    hda is ide0 master. If your boot drive is somewhere else then substitute hda with whatever drive you are using (hda, hdb, or hdd).

    thank you.

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    Did you spell that wrong I tried that command in Konsole, ctrl+alt+F1, and ctrl+alt+F2. and is that a 1 or a I?

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    This is the error I got the first time with a one or a I:
    bash: bash#: command not found

    This si the error I got when I used the line that is on the key with a baskslash.
    bash: bash#: command not found
    bash: /dev/hda: Permission denied

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    I tries also hdb and hdd and those didn't work.

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    It's 'ell' (as in linux)

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Owen Sound, Canada
    Posts
    14
    In X you can select text with your mouse in almost any application. Just hold the left mouse button down and sweep the pointer across the text. For instance, select this text:

    fdisk -l /dev/hda

    Then alt-tab to your root console window and use the middle mouse button to paste the text. On wheel mice the wheel is the middle mouse button.

    Cutting and pasting avoids typos and font ambiguities.

  7. #17
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    This is what I got when I wrote it in the ctrl+alt+F2 thing. And I wrote the letter "ell". I'll also do bold, normal so you don't get mixed up.

    I wrote: fdisk -l /dev/hda

    and this is what I got:

    Disk /dev/hda: 6800 MB, 6800080896 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/traks, 826 cylinders
    Untis = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

    Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/hda1 1 826 6634813+ 83 Linux

    Thats all!

  8. #18
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    Stuff about my systems:
    I am running 2 computers at the same time one (knoppix computer) is a PII with 500Mhz? with a 512k front side bus, 300something MB of RAM, CD,CD-RW,Floppy, HD with 6gb, Diamond StealthIII video card w/ drivers.

    And My other computer is the computer that I can read the posts And type in stuff you tell me. Specs: IBM Netvista 6790 13U with a CD drive,floppy, HD with 18.9gb, 300something MD RAM, NVidia Vanto (video card), P4 with 1.94Ghz?, Windows XP Home with SP1 and 2.

  9. #19
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    Also the computer are like a foot apart so I can look on one screen while I type on the other. The specs about the last computer I accedentily wrote in MD of RAM I meant to write MB

  10. #20
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    Also the computer are like a foot apart so I can look on one screen while I type on the other. The specs about the last computer I accedentily wrote in MD of RAM I meant to write MB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Partitions and such. Need help.
    By cyberstew in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
  2. HD partitions....
    By javiergp in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
  3. How can I tell how big my partitions are
    By KnopperX in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
  4. partitions???
    By knoppixnewb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM
  5. 6 partitions
    By Rython in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-4000 CL18 Desktop Memory RAM Black picture

G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-4000 CL18 Desktop Memory RAM Black

$149.99



G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 U-DIMM 3200MHz (PC4-25600) F4-3200C16D-16GVKB picture

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 U-DIMM 3200MHz (PC4-25600) F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

$82.95



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



16GB of Samsung (8GB x 2) DDR5 M378A2K43CB1 UDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin Unbuffered picture

16GB of Samsung (8GB x 2) DDR5 M378A2K43CB1 UDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin Unbuffered

$185.99



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16D-32GVK picture

G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16D-32GVK

$134.00



Kingston KF432S20IBK2/32 FURY Impact 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MT/s CL20 Laptop Memory picture

Kingston KF432S20IBK2/32 FURY Impact 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MT/s CL20 Laptop Memory

$150.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99