-
Boot Knoppix 3.6 from USB key - How To (Success!)
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to the group, but not to Unix. I've been involved with it since the early 80's, but haven't used it consisently since then.
I've been looking thru all these forums on how to run/boot Knoppix from
a USB key and haven't found anything recent other than this:
http://rz-obrian.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/knoppix-usb
HOWEVER.... After a bit of tinkering and looking thru source code, I have
successfully been able to boot Knoppix 3.6 from a 512MB Sandisk cruzer USB key.
I want to document the complete process because I know how many of you are interested in doing this also.
I'm in a bit of a dilema because I am leaving on a trip in the morning for a couple weeks and won't have time to describe what I did in as much detail as I'd like, but I will try and give a brief description in my next post until I return and can give a step by step description along with what pkgs I removed to fit everything on 512MB.
Cheers,
Mike LaPierre
Similar Threads
-
By mabhatter in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-08-2005, 10:38 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 31
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:52 PM
-
By MaldiGola in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
-
By dvessey in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 08:27 PM
-
By dvessey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99