hi,
I put a script like yours in the CD root and a symlink in /etc/rc5.d to this script (you have to remaster!)
If you want to edit your script later you don't need to remaster again!
Cheers
Hi, I remastered my knoppix, but when I try to create my own simple knoppix.sh, only the last line works (resolv.conf), but I can't configure the network with the instructions of my script (ifconfig and route don't work).
I read the problem's cause is in the boot sequence, when knoppix.sh is executed, the system can't execute bash, X, .... cause they doesn't load.
my knoppix.sh looks like:
---------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
ifconfig 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255
route add default gw 192.168.0.1
echo "nameserver 194.179.1.100" >> /etc/resolv.conf
---------------------------------------
Any idea for run a script same my knoppix.sh in the boot sequence?
Thanks and sorry for my english.
Adri
hi,
I put a script like yours in the CD root and a symlink in /etc/rc5.d to this script (you have to remaster!)
If you want to edit your script later you don't need to remaster again!
Cheers

Vintage Toshiba Satellite A Series
$250.00
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC
$89.66
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Jack Georges Leather Briefcase/Laptop Bag Made In USA
$275.00
VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE
$350.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Texas Instruments Ti-99/4A Vintage Computer With Box And Game Tested
$109.99
Dell Inspiron 8100 PP01X Windows XP Era Laptop for parts no HDD vintage READ
$89.95
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37