Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Boot Knoppix 3.6 from USB key - How To (Success!)

  1. #21
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    19
    hi !
    I tried to make an usb hdd running under knoppix 3.6.
    just becasue it's larger
    In fact this is an hdd ide plugged in a external usb box.
    With flonix it perfectly worked !
    But with knoppix....

    Something is missing !

    Is there any bootable floppy disk for this ? (just like it was for flonix) ?
    How to make it ?
    bye ! gona sleeeeeep


    [sorry for my english : this is not my first language )

  2. #22
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    19
    Yes,
    now i am sure! The only thing i need is a bootable floppy to run the usb drive.
    But i didn't find anywhere any details or howto

    An idea ?
    have a nice day

  3. #23
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    19
    OK !
    Everything 's all right
    i found floppies there :
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=10

    exactly, here are the download links :
    http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/eco2g...6-floppy-1.img
    http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/eco2g...6-floppy-2.img

    i really enjoy !
    gonna try to put then in a one

    bye

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5
    Hi,

    I managed to get it on USB key and boot, but during USB probing. i got this error

    "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry
    Dropping you to a (very little) shell
    Press reset button to quit."

    Any pointer?

    Thanks again

  5. #25
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    19
    hello Piper,
    I got exactely the same, before i try to boot with the two boot floppies
    If you have made the syslinux on your key, and added the famous line in the linuxrc, you may try to boot from the two floppies : may be you 'll have any answer.

    good luck

    larry

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5
    i think to get it to detect sda1 we need to force USB probing for storage before anything else and mount it as /cdrom, i'm gonna try it and see if it works

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5
    Finally, i've got kernel 2.4 to work, still working on 2.6

  8. #28
    I followed pbs's instructions, I see the main KNOPPIX boot screen (the one where we enter cheatcodes) but it is stuck there. I can not input anything; F2 and F3 doesn't work.

    I started with knoppix 3.7

    Any clues?

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    3
    is it possible to do this whole preparation without burning CD?

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1
    I followed pbs's commands as well......... however when I get to:

    mount /tmp/minirt24.gz /mnt/m24 -o loop -o rw
    mount /tmp/minirt26.gz /mnt/m26 -o loop -o rw

    I get the message

    mount: you must specify the filesystem type

    so these files are not getting mounted. I tryed specifying a few different file systems... but the autofs in mount didn't detect it like it should have, so I dunno...I am using knoppix 3.7

    what should I do to fix this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AOL & Knoppix == success!!!
    By mabhatter in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 10:38 PM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:52 PM
  3. Anyone had success with Knoppix and Madwifi?
    By MaldiGola in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
  4. Knoppix success story...
    By dvessey in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 08:27 PM
  5. Knoppix running from RAM: SUCCESS!! kind of...
    By dvessey in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ picture

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ

$270.00



Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested picture

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested

$149.99



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply picture

atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply

$109.65



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested 48k READ

$370.00



Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari picture

Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari

$129.99



Atari Light Pen Untested  For Atari 400 800 Xe Vintage Computer picture

Atari Light Pen Untested For Atari 400 800 Xe Vintage Computer

$70.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Only Tested READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Only Tested READ

$300.00