Yes,
now i am sure! The only thing i need is a bootable floppy to run the usb drive.
But i didn't find anywhere any details or howto![]()
An idea ?
have a nice day![]()
hi !
I tried to make an usb hdd running under knoppix 3.6.
just becasue it's larger
In fact this is an hdd ide plugged in a external usb box.
With flonix it perfectly worked !
But with knoppix....
Something is missing !
Is there any bootable floppy disk for this ? (just like it was for flonix) ?
How to make it ?
bye ! gona sleeeeeep
[sorry for my english : this is not my first language)
Yes,
now i am sure! The only thing i need is a bootable floppy to run the usb drive.
But i didn't find anywhere any details or howto![]()
An idea ?
have a nice day![]()
OK !
Everything 's all right
i found floppies there :
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=10
exactly, here are the download links :
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/eco2g...6-floppy-1.img
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/eco2g...6-floppy-2.img
i really enjoy !
gonna try to put then in a one
bye
Hi,
I managed to get it on USB key and boot, but during USB probing. i got this error
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry
Dropping you to a (very little) shell
Press reset button to quit."
Any pointer?
Thanks again![]()
hello Piper,
I got exactely the same, before i try to boot with the two boot floppies
If you have made the syslinux on your key, and added the famous line in the linuxrc, you may try to boot from the two floppies : may be you 'll have any answer.
good luck
larry
i think to get it to detect sda1 we need to force USB probing for storage before anything else and mount it as /cdrom, i'm gonna try it and see if it works
Finally, i've got kernel 2.4 to work, still working on 2.6
I followed pbs's instructions, I see the main KNOPPIX boot screen (the one where we enter cheatcodes) but it is stuck there. I can not input anything; F2 and F3 doesn't work.
I started with knoppix 3.7
Any clues?![]()
is it possible to do this whole preparation without burning CD?
I followed pbs's commands as well......... however when I get to:
mount /tmp/minirt24.gz /mnt/m24 -o loop -o rw
mount /tmp/minirt26.gz /mnt/m26 -o loop -o rw
I get the message
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
so these files are not getting mounted. I tryed specifying a few different file systems... but the autofs in mount didn't detect it like it should have, so I dunno...I am using knoppix 3.7
what should I do to fix this?![]()

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00
HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99