-
Senior Member
registered user
it's got a good beat & you can dance to it...
I'll give it a 10, Dick.
Not music but my first shots at graphics in linux. Over on KDE-look.org. Let me know what you think. Should I go back to Photoshop and Windows
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=15796
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=15782
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=15774
-
Senior Member
registered user
Wow! That's some beautiful work!!
jd
-
Senior Member
registered user
awww, thanks. I am just getting used to the Gimp. Really miss my Photoshop and axicons. Have missed messing about with graphics all these linux months. I installed some svg programs and will try them out. Would really like to make a baghira theme but I lost baghira when I upgraded to KDE 3.3. Am waiting patiently for a new package
-
Those are nice nish...me like.
Especially the first one...it's mesmerizing.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Really nice Nishtya, but I don't think I can part with my penguins -=- "penguin_1280_trans.png" - with a nice red transparent gradiant, set like a mars sun lit sky, behind it...
I have to agree with Champagnemojo, the first one IS mesmerizing...
I agree with you though Nishtya, Gimp is fun, but I always prefered M$ Photo Editor for photo-retouching, cropping, text removal, etc... I'm "just" getting used to "how to get around" in Gimp, and a lot of things are different...
Nice thing, when I was running Knoppix v3.3, Office never could open my M$ Word Docs right, I would get missing clip-art, frames, etc... With Knoppix v3.4, and loading OpenOffice.Org's Word, it now opens those .Doc files perfectly, clip-art, attachments, and all, even from a email attachment - Nice, really nice... Appears the "missing" stuff from Linux coming from Windows, gap, is getting smaller and smaller, every day 
Ms. Cuddles
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yeah, Cuddles - PhotoEditor is nice little app - I don't know why it isn't loaded by default with M$office, I always have to put it on work puters that have had just a standard build, if I can't have Photoshop. But I find Irfanview can do just about everything PhotoEditor can nowadays (take into account the loss of gif transparency because of the legal thingie).
The Gimp does fall a bit short of Adobe's Photoshop, though. I found the older Gimp (the one I got with my first Knoppix) easier to learn on. I know a lot of people have griped about how the menu system changed. And Gimp has some filters but nothing compared to what Photoshop has and I haven't looked into any actions yet. It took me years to get where I am with Photoshop (which aint far
) so starting all over with Gimp is not appealing. But I will do it. Still wish there was something like Illustrator for the Linuxers... Karbon isn't ready yet with eps and likely never will be. Am checking out Sketch and some other things like Sodipodi.
Oh, if you think my abstract is mesmerizing, check it out on my old home page (warning: not updated in ages and has crashed moz in linux once or twice) http://home.earthlink.net/~smqdash
I originally used it for my active desktop with a java applet
-
Senior Member
registered user
So, have you posted the active one for download also?
jd
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
No, I was asking about the Windows version.
Because I don't administer my workplace environment, because my family has no knowledge/enthusiasm/patience for linux, and because there are some apps I must run in Windows, I actually spend in excess of 90% of my time in Windows. So, I was wondering if your Windows version was posted for download, because I like it
When I tried right-clicking the graphic in Windows, I just get sent to a link-seller.
jd
-
Senior Member
registered user
jd, the guy that created the lake applet I guess a few years back he got out of the biz maybe and the link that was coded into the applet as default went to his old site. I haven't updated that page in ages though the newer applets on my others I did change the click default to one of my other pages. Also did semi-protect my html code with a right-click block (that is easily gotten around by going to view source in the Internet explorer menu - some protection, huh?) more because of the sprites than the applet. I would be happy to send you a zip or tar of that actual active desktop file or give you a link to download from my ftp space. Email me so I can email it to you. I am nishtya AT earthlink DOT net. I had made a bunch of nice lake applets for active desktop, animals, landscapes and whatnots but it was my abstract I kept around the longest
PS - am so sorry you have to spend that much time in w*ndows. I am the opposite. 90% in linux and the 10% I am stuck with it because of the graphics and games. And I am similarly annoyed by how the searchscum and domainslumlords have taken over everything that isn't "taken".
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By Guitarplaya512 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By RealNitro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 10:20 AM
-
By hernan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 08:27 PM
-
By a.lost.soul in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 02:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99