-
Senior Member
registered user
Accessing protected system files useing knoppix CD
If this has been posted elsewhere, a link will do fine...
Here's my trouble. I have Knoppix installed on my Hard drie. I was logged in as root and dig something stupid with my XF86Config-4 file and now I can't even logg onto an x-window. I know what I did, and if I could access the file it would be easy to fix, but when I boot with the CD version, I can access the file just fine but I can't save. I have allready set the permissions for the drive and unchecked "read only" but I still can't save the file. When I try to change the permissions for /etc all the options are greyed out. How can I fix this?? Is there a way to say when useing he knoppix CD or is there some editer I can use without an x-window?
Please help. I don't want to reinstall again.
Similar Threads
-
By anton26 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By alex52 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:47 AM
-
By RE Dude in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:37 PM
-
By standmatt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 04:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram
$25.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz X2YH1K-MIE
$150.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$2649.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99