Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ok How do I install Knoppix 3.4 to my HDD if I have..

  1. #1

    ok How do I install Knoppix 3.4 to my HDD if I have..

    I have Partition Magic but not Boot Magic
    is there a way I can still install
    I want to boot with XP Pro and Knoppix
    boot magic doesnt work
    so what should I do to go about getting Knoppix on say a 5 gig Partiton
    -thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Use that partition magic and create 2 partition (assuming you only have 5Gig) or use qtparted that comes with knoppix.
    1) Linux swap (250 - 500 Mb)
    2) Linux ext3 (what is left)

    Reboot and boot using knoppiix cd. Use this cheatcode : knoppix26 alsa (if you have sound card, this will avoid you from alsa problem later on).

    When you're in kde, open konsole and type this:
    su
    knoppix-installer (qtparted will open if you have not create any partition)

    choose to install lilo to mbr.
    Usually Lilo will take care of your xp pro, and will insert it into the menu.
    If somehow you cannot boot to linux or xp, you can boot using Xp cd and choose recovery console and run command : fixmbr
    This will remove lilo from mbr.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6
    I installer Knoppix 3.4 into my hdd 2 times already, both of them also facing one problem... I use qtparted to create 2 partition hda5 (500MB) as swap and hda6 (2.5GB) as ext3 ("/")... but when i try to install knoppix, it always popup and say I didn't meet the mim requirement, so I try again with cfdisk and found that ... my hda6 is fat32. So i reformat it with ext3, then everything go fine for me...

    btw, I didn't install lilo into my mbr, I install into floppy

Similar Threads

  1. Apt-get better with Debian install than Knoppix install?
    By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
  2. Upgrade Knoppix 3.6 HDD install to Knoppix 3.7 HDD install
    By techdesk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:14 AM
  3. Knoppix install read error around 80%, install another way?
    By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
  4. Knoppix HDD install Vs. regular Debian install
    By Jez in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
  5. saving home from hd-install, so i can install new knoppix
    By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series picture

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series

$235.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99