-
Adjusting time/date
Greetings to all,
Just installed Knoppix (as Debian) on my HDD. The problem is; my date and time are not correct. But, when I try to adjust them, I cannot due to needing to log is as root. During installation the only options given were user and admin. How do I enter root password?
Thank you in advance,
Nathan Larson
-
Senior Member
registered user
The password you set for the system administrator is the root password.
From Wikipedia: "In Unix style computer operating systems, root is the name of the user who has all rights on permissions in all modes (single or multi user). root is also called the superuser. Normally this is the administrator's account."
Did that help?
-
eco2geek,
Thank you for your reply. I will have try that again (I am sure I did already). As far as date/time settings; was able to adjust in BIOS.
Another problem; during boot TrendChipAway reports boot sector virus and operating system not supported. Should I update BIOS? Currently using AMIBIOS. Just wondering if there are OS specific versions of BIOS?
Still learning,
Nathan Larson
Similar Threads
-
By euthebiu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:01 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By redcartlinux9 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By fdupoux in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
-
By unamiccia in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R420 Server 2x Xeon E5-2440 v2 1.90GHz, 16GB , 8 Caddies NO HHD
$199.99