-
apt-get kernel-image-*
Is this is as easy as it seems? Just install a kernel with apt-get as I wish? I probably have to add a line in LILO.conf or something though right? If that's all then how much space would a kernel take up? Or could it overwrite another kernel? (as in, I have Knop 3.4, with 2.4.26, woulda apt-get of 2.4.27 overwrite the previous one?)
-
I have used apt-get to update my kernel on a debian system before. It dosen't overwrite your old kernel, it simply adds it to the system and makes it the default at boot. Your old kernel will be there for recovery.
lilo or grub will be configured for you.
As for size, I'm not sure. I usually have a root partition and swap so space is not an issue for me. If you created a boot partition than you may need to check.
-
Size really doesn't matter for me either, as long as the kernel isn't like a whole 'nother 3GB or someting. And will LILO be configured during the install automatically, or will I do it manually?
-
Have a look at this link (I'm guessing x86, but you can pick a specific kernel like k7 for athlon)
http://packages.debian.org/testing/b...e-2.4.27-1-386
The kernel will be about 28MB installed.
Lilo will be configured automatically for you.
Similar Threads
-
By Stealth870 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 02:01 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 12:01 AM
-
By llinde in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 08:55 PM
-
By kindlingmania in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 02:06 AM
-
By mgsimon in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.62