Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Black Screen on KDE initialization

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5

    Black Screen on KDE initialization

    So I installed Knoppix 3.4 on my Win2K system, on a seperate hard drive, but I did it at work because I needed to swap out my CDROM for one of theirs so that my computer could read the CD (strange,) I also used their keyboard, mouse, and monitor. So here's the difference-really only their monitor is better than mine because it's newer, but the keyboard and mouse were older, and when I took it home the boot up, when I try to run any of the Linux kernels (2.4 or 2.6) once the KDE tries to load up, all I get is a black screen-it never goes away. So I press CTRL+ALT+F1 to go to text mode and logout, or try to mess around with the config files. Is there any way to fix the display configuration without using the Knoppix Live CD, by editting a conf file somewhere? I would like to at least have the option of using the KDE. Please help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    try this command : kxconfig

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thank you that did wonders!

Similar Threads

  1. black screen
    By netfly in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:11 PM
  2. Black screen??
    By mikeym9477 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:59 AM
  3. Help my screen is black
    By mperry2014 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 05:58 AM
  4. screen goes black... help
    By HouseOfPancakes in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 01:30 AM
  5. Black Screen after boot screen
    By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99