If it does that on three different machines I would consider the cd to be suspect. Boot like this to test it:
knoppix testcd
I'm using the new 3.2 knoppix version and it works fine but I've a little troubleshooting which appear with this new version.
I've tested 3.2 version on 3 PC :
1 - main board abit 3 yars old with celeron 466 Mhz-> no problem.
2 - main board abit VH6 with celeron 800 Mhz-> no problem
3 - main board gigabyte 7vrxp witn athlon 1800+-> no boot screen only a blue screen and an error on the startup "only one processor found" but knoppix is running correctly.
It's not very important but if somebody have an idea I'm interesting?
If it does that on three different machines I would consider the cd to be suspect. Boot like this to test it:
knoppix testcd
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
The same CD run correctly on 2 PC and not on the third and you say it's the cd.
Know with about 10 CD (I remasterize knoppix for use in french) I've the same mistake....
May be yu hav't really understood my question.
hmmmmmm - you're right I apparently was in need of some sleep (or something) when I responded to that one.![]()
There seems to be some problems with certain newer motherboards, most motherboards that won't boot that I've read about are current or fairly new AMD mobo's.
rock

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99