-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Insall problems

Originally Posted by
Tim Novak
I used Partition Magic to create the partitions (400 meg swap and a 9 gig ext3) and to format them I used the default setting for the partitions.
Repeat after me:
Partition magic bad! cfdisk good!
I am not a PM user so I may be wrong but I'm guessing you have no linux swap. How to find out?
$ free -m|grep Swap
How to make a swap file?
mkswap /dev/hda2
swapon /dev/hda2
Check it again now:
$ free -m|grep Swap
Got swap? Yeah? Try the installer.
Of course.........I could be crazy.....
Similar Threads
-
By acanton in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 01:48 AM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic
$149.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25