-
cfdisk crashes system
Hi
I am trying to install Knoppix 3.3 on the HDD. I have done it several times in other PCs, but I have now the following problem:
Previously I had SuSE 7.3 with reiserfs and Windows 98. When I tried to install Knoppix, I received the following message from cfdisk:
"No partition table or unknown signature on partition table"
That was strange, because SuSE was detecting all partitions, but Knoppix didn't. Then I ran Windows's fdisk, erased all partitions and reinstalled Windows. Afterwards, I tried to install Knoppix, obtaining the same error message. I also tried with Linux's fdisk. Then, I decided to use cfdisk to create all partitions. But when I try to write the partition table the system crashes and no operation is performed, although the HDD Led keep turned on.
Thanks for your help!
Similar Threads
-
By paradigm_shift in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:36 AM
-
By chain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 03:47 PM
-
By Mogiin in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By douglas2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00

Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.19

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77