-
cfdisk crashes system
Hi
I am trying to install Knoppix 3.3 on the HDD. I have done it several times in other PCs, but I have now the following problem:
Previously I had SuSE 7.3 with reiserfs and Windows 98. When I tried to install Knoppix, I received the following message from cfdisk:
"No partition table or unknown signature on partition table"
That was strange, because SuSE was detecting all partitions, but Knoppix didn't. Then I ran Windows's fdisk, erased all partitions and reinstalled Windows. Afterwards, I tried to install Knoppix, obtaining the same error message. I also tried with Linux's fdisk. Then, I decided to use cfdisk to create all partitions. But when I try to write the partition table the system crashes and no operation is performed, although the HDD Led keep turned on.
Thanks for your help!
Similar Threads
-
By paradigm_shift in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:36 AM
-
By chain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 03:47 PM
-
By Mogiin in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By douglas2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99

š„ RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

š„ RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Collection Or Lot Of Vintage Cables & Adapters Rockwell Hasp Security Dongle
$50.00

Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00