Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: USB 2.0 Hard Drive Persistent Home

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17

    USB 2.0 Hard Drive Persistent Home

    I know this topic has been discussed before, but I am haing difficulty getting a handle on it so I am requesting spoonfeeding. I boot from Knoppix CD, hit F2 and enter knoppix lang=us home=/dev/sda1 and everything if fine. Boot up no problem. However, when I transfer files from the USB 2.0 hard drive (ie. my persistent home) to my C drive (okay hda1) the transfer rate is clearly that of USB 1.1. Please tell me what cheat code I need to enter to enable the full power of USB 2.0. BTW this happens when I enter knoppix26 as well.
    Thanks-Tbobz

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Is the port on your motherboard USB 2.0? If not, the device rating doesn't matter.

    jd

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    Yes it is.
    Yours-Tbobz

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    Code:
    modprobe ehci
    should work.
    if not... let us hear.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    Tried 'modprobe ehci-hcd' and all is well. Thanks to all who responed.
    Yours-Tbobz

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by tbobz
    Tried 'modprobe ehci-hcd' and all is well.
    If you are using Knoppix V3.6 you can also add the cheatcode usb2 at the boot command line and it will load ehci-hcd.o for you.

    Best Wishes
    Pete

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    Thanks El_Sup-When I fool around with 3.6 I'll give it a try. Right now I am very happy with Overclockix 3.4_V3. Best out of the box multimedia support I have yet found on live CD.
    Yours-Tbobz

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
  2. Cannot Create persistent home directory on USB Thumb drive
    By jessjackson in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:26 AM
  3. Persistent /home not working
    By dargaud in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
  4. persistent home & permissions
    By jeremy2300 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 04:40 PM
  5. Replace default cd home drive with persistant home drive ???
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server picture

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server

$100.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Netgate XG-7100-1U 16G 256GB SSD Security Gateway Firewall pfSense picture

Netgate XG-7100-1U 16G 256GB SSD Security Gateway Firewall pfSense

$260.00



Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH. picture

Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.

$197.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00