Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: USB 2.0 Hard Drive Persistent Home

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17

    USB 2.0 Hard Drive Persistent Home

    I know this topic has been discussed before, but I am haing difficulty getting a handle on it so I am requesting spoonfeeding. I boot from Knoppix CD, hit F2 and enter knoppix lang=us home=/dev/sda1 and everything if fine. Boot up no problem. However, when I transfer files from the USB 2.0 hard drive (ie. my persistent home) to my C drive (okay hda1) the transfer rate is clearly that of USB 1.1. Please tell me what cheat code I need to enter to enable the full power of USB 2.0. BTW this happens when I enter knoppix26 as well.
    Thanks-Tbobz

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Is the port on your motherboard USB 2.0? If not, the device rating doesn't matter.

    jd

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    Yes it is.
    Yours-Tbobz

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    Code:
    modprobe ehci
    should work.
    if not... let us hear.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    Tried 'modprobe ehci-hcd' and all is well. Thanks to all who responed.
    Yours-Tbobz

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by tbobz
    Tried 'modprobe ehci-hcd' and all is well.
    If you are using Knoppix V3.6 you can also add the cheatcode usb2 at the boot command line and it will load ehci-hcd.o for you.

    Best Wishes
    Pete

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    Thanks El_Sup-When I fool around with 3.6 I'll give it a try. Right now I am very happy with Overclockix 3.4_V3. Best out of the box multimedia support I have yet found on live CD.
    Yours-Tbobz

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
  2. Cannot Create persistent home directory on USB Thumb drive
    By jessjackson in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:26 AM
  3. Persistent /home not working
    By dargaud in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
  4. persistent home & permissions
    By jeremy2300 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 04:40 PM
  5. Replace default cd home drive with persistant home drive ???
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


G.SKILL Trident Z 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4-3200 DIMM XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16Q2 picture

G.SKILL Trident Z 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4-3200 DIMM XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16Q2

$450.00



Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz AX4U300038G16-BWZ picture

ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz AX4U300038G16-BWZ

$80.00



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] 8GB DDR3 LAPTOP RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX, etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] 8GB DDR3 LAPTOP RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX, etc.

$89.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4 picture

Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4

$1299.00



16GB(4x4GB)VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 picture

16GB(4x4GB)VENGEANCE LPX DDR4

$78.95



Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2 x 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200) Memory

Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2 x 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200) Memory ""Used ""

$140.00