Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: USB 2.0 Hard Drive Persistent Home

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17

    USB 2.0 Hard Drive Persistent Home

    I know this topic has been discussed before, but I am haing difficulty getting a handle on it so I am requesting spoonfeeding. I boot from Knoppix CD, hit F2 and enter knoppix lang=us home=/dev/sda1 and everything if fine. Boot up no problem. However, when I transfer files from the USB 2.0 hard drive (ie. my persistent home) to my C drive (okay hda1) the transfer rate is clearly that of USB 1.1. Please tell me what cheat code I need to enter to enable the full power of USB 2.0. BTW this happens when I enter knoppix26 as well.
    Thanks-Tbobz

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Is the port on your motherboard USB 2.0? If not, the device rating doesn't matter.

    jd

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    Yes it is.
    Yours-Tbobz

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    Code:
    modprobe ehci
    should work.
    if not... let us hear.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    Tried 'modprobe ehci-hcd' and all is well. Thanks to all who responed.
    Yours-Tbobz

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by tbobz
    Tried 'modprobe ehci-hcd' and all is well.
    If you are using Knoppix V3.6 you can also add the cheatcode usb2 at the boot command line and it will load ehci-hcd.o for you.

    Best Wishes
    Pete

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    17
    Thanks El_Sup-When I fool around with 3.6 I'll give it a try. Right now I am very happy with Overclockix 3.4_V3. Best out of the box multimedia support I have yet found on live CD.
    Yours-Tbobz

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
  2. Cannot Create persistent home directory on USB Thumb drive
    By jessjackson in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:26 AM
  3. Persistent /home not working
    By dargaud in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
  4. persistent home & permissions
    By jeremy2300 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 04:40 PM
  5. Replace default cd home drive with persistant home drive ???
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W picture

TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W

$24.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99