Yes. There is a Windows XP live CD you can create. See http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ for details.
I use it to recover Windows systems and to create images. Works great!
Larry
Is there a windows live cd? If not how come nobody ever made one?
Yes. There is a Windows XP live CD you can create. See http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ for details.
I use it to recover Windows systems and to create images. Works great!
Larry
I was thinking of a knoppix-like live cd not a limited one like bart pe.
Pebuilder is only a tool. There are no limits. Actually the only limit is oneself.Originally Posted by bongski55
Every person has his own self-made version of xp live cd. My own xp live-cd is much like knoppix, including good hardware recognition and full multimedia.
It is not easy to distinguish xp livecd from xp normal hard-disk installation
All about in this forum unfortunately it is down right now...
http://www.911cd.net/forums/
Now you got me interested!
Does it have Dialup/modem support? I am one of those who unfortunately only have dialup at home.
yes, it was one of the last plugins developed
Here is one version of the plugin
http://www.wolfgang-brinkmann.de/Bar...PE_plugins.htm
Oscar,
Thanks for the link,I'll try it this weekend.
Is it possible to "remaster" a Windows boot CD to include "big" software such as, let's say, Macromedia or Adobe apps? How would one do that?
I have not tried it yet but I believe it can be done by creating "plugins".Read thisOriginally Posted by probono
If the files would fit on a cd + the "base" bartpe files then it should work
There is one which I know that include 7 version of xp in single cd. It's called Michael K.H. Au-Yeung's Super WinPE UBCD 2004 Pro. This guy has released several version of it's Winpe. It won't run as fast as knoppix, you need alot of memory and powerfull enough machine to run. It's creator homepage seem has died or banned maybe.
You can check this page if you want to:
http://www.p2pworld.to/history/topic/108269-1.html
You can download it's torrent or via donkey.
I don't have to remind you about legallity, am I?![]()

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard
$50.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00
Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Console 100% Tested Working
$500.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00