-
Partitioning scheme for 2 distros on 1 hard disk
Hi all,
I'm very new to linux...been using it for about a month now...
I have 2 questions...I've tried looking for answers but still a bit unclear.
1) Say I want Knoppix and Suse on my second hard drive. Half for one and half for the other.
Before i do anything i know i must partition the drive...so, as a newb i do the following
hdb1 32M boot partition
hdb2 500M linux swap
hdb3 40G linux (for Suse root )
hdb4 40G linux (for Knoppix root)
Will this work and would an experienced linux user have done the same.
How can 2 distros share have common boot partition?
2) I've had konppix as a single installationa and my question is about apt-get...
i like nano editor so i figure I'll just do the following:
#apt-get install nano
I get an error message in german! so I can't even figure out what i'm doing wrong....I've checked my etc/apt/sources.list file that it has some mirrors in it.. I didn't add any mirrros I'm just going with default ones..
from everything i've read about apt-get....the above should work....
any help on the 2 questions is appreciated
cheers,
B
Similar Threads
-
By ferrel in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-02-2005, 01:39 PM
-
By cjheeney in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 12:44 AM
-
By jc01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 03:02 AM
-
By JohnnyH in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-15-2003, 01:23 PM
-
By Darkworld in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2003, 01:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic
$36.00

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00

Antic Software - BBCS II - Atari 400/800 XL/XE Floppy DIsk
$20.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00