Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Am I screwed to wait?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    44

    Am I screwed to wait?

    Ok, I have a problem:

    I have a 9800 Pro, and I can't get my resolution over 1024x768@60Hz even though Windows supports 1280x1024@75Hz. Now I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the drivers. Since my card is new, its not really supported. Atleast, from what I've seen, my other computer works fine, with a GeforceFX5200U using those "nv" genetic drivers. And it allows Linux to run at the monitors max stuff. But the problem is that being radeon, and using the Fglrx drivers, it just won't work. And I think the monitor continues to use "vesa" drivers. I probably can MAKE Knoppix use those fglrx drivers, but I dont know how. It seems that XF86Config is always reseting since my hd-install of Knoppix 3.4 does the same thing as the CD, all that auto-detect stuff...(btw, is there a way to disable that?) Also, it seems that Xfree86 could have something to do with it. I know that 4.4.0 suppports all the new Radeons, but the freaking Fglrx drivers don't support Xfree86 Now what the heck am I suppose to do?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    please use specific topics like '9800 Pro Grafikcard, Fglrx drivers, resolution'

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Get your driver built for Debian from here:
    http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.sta...aller.html#bin

Similar Threads

  1. screwed up sudo
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
  2. How long do you wait?
    By nishtya in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 04:01 AM
  3. Have I screwed-up apt-get?
    By Bob_Ullet in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 03:32 AM
  4. HD Installs: Have you screwed one up before?
    By jdong in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:16 AM
  5. I screwed up!!
    By WANDr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00