-
New HP pavilion zt3000 wont boot except failsafe
Ok I tried asking in the knoppix-std forums but they don't like to be helpful. I got a brand new hp pavilion zt3000 laptop and it will boot phlak and suse live just fine, but knoppix and knoppix-std wont boot unless I use the failsafe cheatcode. I have a 15.4" 1900x1200 lcd and an ati radeon mobility 9200 64mb video card. It does boot but I get no image (I can hear the loading into knoppix message). I tried setting the resolution to everything I can think of and tried forcing the refresh rate to 60 and nothing worked. The only working cheatcode is failsafe but I cant really use anything since it bypasses the drivers. I also tried vga=normal and no dice. Does anyone have any ideas to get this working? Phlak boots but nothing works really because it doesnt support my wireless and suse works but I like knoppix. I know my disc is fine it works fine in my desktop. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By Drax946 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 16
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:40 PM
-
By stoner in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By nerbas in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
-
By mephiska in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:02 AM
-
By End_User in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server
$880.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$239.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00