-
New HP pavilion zt3000 wont boot except failsafe
Ok I tried asking in the knoppix-std forums but they don't like to be helpful. I got a brand new hp pavilion zt3000 laptop and it will boot phlak and suse live just fine, but knoppix and knoppix-std wont boot unless I use the failsafe cheatcode. I have a 15.4" 1900x1200 lcd and an ati radeon mobility 9200 64mb video card. It does boot but I get no image (I can hear the loading into knoppix message). I tried setting the resolution to everything I can think of and tried forcing the refresh rate to 60 and nothing worked. The only working cheatcode is failsafe but I cant really use anything since it bypasses the drivers. I also tried vga=normal and no dice. Does anyone have any ideas to get this working? Phlak boots but nothing works really because it doesnt support my wireless and suse works but I like knoppix. I know my disc is fine it works fine in my desktop. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
-
Ok I downloaded 3.6 and it works like a charm. I just wish it supported my wireless adapter, its an intel wireless g internal adapter (centrino laptop).
-
Have you tried running wlcardconfig and inputting your network name? I understand the problem, Knoppix is a little flighty on wireless network cards.
-
Well, I have 3.8 and I can't get it installed on mine. Same specs as above, zt3000 with the 15.4" 1920x1200.
I loaded the CD...and it won't get past the very first screen where it's showing the normal grey/black background with the nice colorful black X for a cursor...cursor moves around, but it's not getting anywhere. No idea?
Similar Threads
-
By Drax946 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 16
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:40 PM
-
By stoner in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By nerbas in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
-
By mephiska in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:02 AM
-
By End_User in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99