Ok I downloaded 3.6 and it works like a charm. I just wish it supported my wireless adapter, its an intel wireless g internal adapter (centrino laptop).
Ok I tried asking in the knoppix-std forums but they don't like to be helpful. I got a brand new hp pavilion zt3000 laptop and it will boot phlak and suse live just fine, but knoppix and knoppix-std wont boot unless I use the failsafe cheatcode. I have a 15.4" 1900x1200 lcd and an ati radeon mobility 9200 64mb video card. It does boot but I get no image (I can hear the loading into knoppix message). I tried setting the resolution to everything I can think of and tried forcing the refresh rate to 60 and nothing worked. The only working cheatcode is failsafe but I cant really use anything since it bypasses the drivers. I also tried vga=normal and no dice. Does anyone have any ideas to get this working? Phlak boots but nothing works really because it doesnt support my wireless and suse works but I like knoppix. I know my disc is fine it works fine in my desktop. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Ok I downloaded 3.6 and it works like a charm. I just wish it supported my wireless adapter, its an intel wireless g internal adapter (centrino laptop).
Have you tried running wlcardconfig and inputting your network name? I understand the problem, Knoppix is a little flighty on wireless network cards.
Well, I have 3.8 and I can't get it installed on mine. Same specs as above, zt3000 with the 15.4" 1920x1200.
I loaded the CD...and it won't get past the very first screen where it's showing the normal grey/black background with the nice colorful black X for a cursor...cursor moves around, but it's not getting anywhere. No idea?

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
$849.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$29.99