Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New HP pavilion zt3000 wont boot except failsafe

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2

    New HP pavilion zt3000 wont boot except failsafe

    Ok I tried asking in the knoppix-std forums but they don't like to be helpful. I got a brand new hp pavilion zt3000 laptop and it will boot phlak and suse live just fine, but knoppix and knoppix-std wont boot unless I use the failsafe cheatcode. I have a 15.4" 1900x1200 lcd and an ati radeon mobility 9200 64mb video card. It does boot but I get no image (I can hear the loading into knoppix message). I tried setting the resolution to everything I can think of and tried forcing the refresh rate to 60 and nothing worked. The only working cheatcode is failsafe but I cant really use anything since it bypasses the drivers. I also tried vga=normal and no dice. Does anyone have any ideas to get this working? Phlak boots but nothing works really because it doesnt support my wireless and suse works but I like knoppix. I know my disc is fine it works fine in my desktop. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2
    Ok I downloaded 3.6 and it works like a charm. I just wish it supported my wireless adapter, its an intel wireless g internal adapter (centrino laptop).

  3. #3
    Have you tried running wlcardconfig and inputting your network name? I understand the problem, Knoppix is a little flighty on wireless network cards.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3
    Well, I have 3.8 and I can't get it installed on mine. Same specs as above, zt3000 with the 15.4" 1920x1200.

    I loaded the CD...and it won't get past the very first screen where it's showing the normal grey/black background with the nice colorful black X for a cursor...cursor moves around, but it's not getting anywhere. No idea?

Similar Threads

  1. What do you do when failsafe or testcd won't even boot?
    By Drax946 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:40 PM
  2. Need help on HP Pavilion ZT3000
    By stoner in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
  4. Boot freeze on Pavilion ze4610US
    By mephiska in forum Laptops
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:02 AM
  5. USB With Failsafe Boot
    By End_User in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$159.99



Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM picture

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM

$120.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00