Don't get too hung up in the title that shows up in your home directory. From reading your other post , it sounds as if you are running just fine with the fromhd boot option, but you're concerned about the fact that the title says file:/cdrom. Can you eject the CD while running your poor man's? If so, then it shouldn't be tied up. Poor man's involves running from a hd image of the cd rom drive. IOW, there may be some aspects of Knoppix which "believe" that it's running from CD, even when it isn't. You said that you had your installed apps in the home directory. If you are really running from CD, Knoppix won't let you eject the disk.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding - sorry if I seem dense, but the only thing I saw in your other post about the hd being tied up was that it appeared that it wasn't mounted as read/write. Check out my reply .

jd