-
Scrambled Screen - Compaq Presario 5300US Desktop
I'm a newbie and Ive been having problems with my screen being scrambled. The CD boots up only when I used the 'failsafe' cheat code. If I don't use 'failsafe', I get the following:
Can't find KNOPPIX filesytem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press resume button to quit
The 'failsafe' code allows the CD to boot up, however, the monitor is always scrambled. I've tried changing the monitor settings via 'knoppix vga=normal' and others such as 'screen=1280x1024', and these only change the size of my screen, but its still scrambled. I've also tried Cntl-Alt-+ and Cntl-Alt-- to try and change the screen size on the fly, but no luck there either. My graphics card is a 'Direct AGP 3D Graphics' I believe.
Also, I think I'm using multiple cheat codes correctly, just putting a space between cheat codes, but sometime it seems to not recognize anything but 'failsafe', which I always put first.
Does anyone have any suggestions to get me passed this problem? I'm desperately trying to save data on my desktop, where Windows XP won't boot-up due to a virus.
Thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By t0ast in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 06:27 PM
-
By summer51 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:28 AM
-
By lufthans in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:56 AM
-
By jwdavis2 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By d3j452 in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99