I've actually managed to install LVM2 on Knoppix 3.6, but I have a slight problem. When I run lvcreate, I get the following error:
(FunkyHD is my volume group). Anyway, after poking around, I found the problem to be that even though I'm root lvcreate cannot make entries is the /dev/mapper directory, NOT because of directory permisisons, but because the filesystem is read-only. Obvserve:Code:Unable to make device node for 'FunkyHD-usr' /dev/FunkyHD/usr: not found: device not zeroed
Well, I think the million dollar question that'll sooth all my woes is: How can I write to the /dev/mapper directory in Knoppix 3.6? Please, oh please. There must be a way.Code:root@ttyp0[mapper]# touch hello touch: cannot touch `hello': Read-only file system

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99