Well, I could not install it at all. Kept telling me that it needed a partion even it
had one..
To check, I installed 3.3 on the same hd with no fuss at all so I
don't understand it.
First time I have had any problems installing to hd.
Has anybody else successfully installed v3.6 onto their hard disk using lilo in the root partition (rather than the default MBR)?
I installed v3.3 and v3.4 fine. V3.6 gives "device-mapper" errors at the end of the knoppix-installer script and then the partition never boots. I haven't tried to install to the MBR because I don't want to cream it.
Am I the only one this is happening to?
Also, for the life of me I can't get sound to work with this version of Knoppix. /dev/dsp is a link but everything complains about it(?). V3.6 seems to be a step back from v3.4.
Well, I could not install it at all. Kept telling me that it needed a partion even it
had one..
To check, I installed 3.3 on the same hd with no fuss at all so I
don't understand it.
First time I have had any problems installing to hd.
Yes, you are not alone. 3.6 is giving me "device-mappers missing from kernel?" complaints. Also something about "Incompatible libdevmapper 1.00.19-ioctl (2004-07-03) (compat) and kernel driver"
I see something about it in the "3.6 bugs", here:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...3.6-2004-08-16
in the meantime, I guess I'll try ploping a 3.4 CD in and lilo-ing from there...
Peace, all

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
MAG X870 TOMAHAWK WIFI Motherboard, ATX - Supports AMD Ryzen 9000 / 8000 / MSI
$143.50
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
â Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)â
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00