Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: streaming audio / xmms running in KDE

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    streaming audio / xmms running in KDE

    Hello....just an observation. I noticed that when I try to play streaming audio using xmms in KDE desktop, xmms will sometimes hang or not work at all. But if I switch to fluxbox or icewm, it works flawlessly. The only media player I can get to work in KDE is KAFFEINE. That is fine cause it does what I want it to. Also REAL PLAYER will NOT work in KDE, but works great using icewm and fluxbox. Is this noticed by any other users? I use knoppix 3.4.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166
    Yes I have this too with xmms. It hangs even regularily. I can't find what's cause of this. I had it in v.3.4 and now in v.3.6. It also occurs more often when kernel 2.6 is used.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    xmms

    Well I got frustrated and was pleased to find that the program 'kaffeine" works very well in KDE. But if I am going to listen to some internet radio for a while, its no problem to log on into fluxbox and use XMMS....

Similar Threads

  1. no streaming video in browser
    By airplays in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 01:46 AM
  2. STILL TRYING TO GET STREAMING VIDEO WORKING
    By redss in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 02:44 AM
  3. no streaming video?
    By drews in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 04:11 PM
  4. XMMS
    By evirus in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:06 PM
  5. Streaming music choices
    By Loper in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$374.48



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00