Check your settings in Windows. You may need to enter a proxy server IP if you are on a campus system.
Hey guys I'm really wet behind the ears when it comes to knoppix but I use it all the time when I fix computers where their Winblows isn't booting right. Anyway i was just testing 3.6 on my comp and was hoping I would be able to access the internet with it. Right now im connected to a Campus LAN on a 3com EtherLink III ISA card. It works fine in windows, but in KNoppix 3.6 it keeps saying "unknown host" on every page i try to display. It didn't work for 3.4 either. When it boots it confirms it found ether0 and broadcasting IP but no matter what it does'nt work. I tried the CD in other comps and the internet works fine in theirs. Any help would be great... Thanx!
~Drew
Check your settings in Windows. You may need to enter a proxy server IP if you are on a campus system.
Oops, Sorry. No edit button. I read your post again and see that Knoppix worked on other systems.
ISA cards must have corect IO and irq setup.
there is also some trouble with a few older 3com cards. they behave in an odd way on some systems.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99