-
Okay....sorry for the length of the following but I am entirely baffled by all of this.
Just to clarify, I only have 1 cd-rw drive, and I wanted to eject the cd running knoppix so I could free it up to back up some data files. I don't have a usb hard drive or an external burner. I tried the toram command but I am just short of the required RAM, so that's not working. My system was a windows XP home, which I believe is NTFS, so I wouldn't be able to use TOHD, right? I was able to find a way to eject the cd which i found in another thread ....I typed this in and it worked, and then i put in a blank data cd
$sudo umount -l /cdrom
$sudo eject /dev/cdrom
However, K3B wouldn't burn my cd after i did this....it said something about not being able to write the iso file- which is confusing because i was trying to burn mp3's and doc files. Is there any way to get it to work?
OErjan-
When I type in cdrecord- scanbus, I get a lot of info - "this version of cdrecord is an inofficial release......", and then it says
Linux sg driver version 3.1.25
using libscg version 'schily-0.8'
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N A100 removable CD-ROM
and then numbers 1 thru 7 with stars next to them
when i type in dmesg | grep CD I get
hdc: HL-DT-STCD-RW/DVD-ROM GCC-4241N, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
Type: CD-rom
and then some more similar stuff
many thanks
Andre
Similar Threads
-
By Israel in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-21-2005, 07:51 PM
-
By blkmagic in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 06:12 PM
-
By craigw79 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By debuser in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 01:46 AM
-
By bradleyko in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear
$24.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00