Quote Originally Posted by SunnyB
That doesn't always work.
I have the "EN iso and have tried both lang=us and lang=en
but many of the dialog boxes are still in German / Duetsch.

All of the app menus are in english but it's the
dialog boxes that frustrate me.

I have changed location, language and every other option
I can think of but still the same. Even the open office setup
was in german. I had to download the setup file from sun
in order to get it installed in english.

Something was either not changed in the german version
or something has gotten hosed.

Hope it get fixed soon. I can't read one word of german.
Try editing /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig; there is a line it it 'default=de'. Also, try removing all other alternative keyboards (use KDE control center) and try apt-get install localepurge to purge support for all the languages you don't need.